Applicants may be admitted if:
- they hold a Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) degree or equivalent in Cultural Sciences or other study areas relevant to the World Heritage Studies curriculum (Humanities, Social Sciences, Architecture, Archaeology, Art History, Conservation, Environmental Sciences, Geography, Cultural Management or Tourism);
- they have a good command of the English language and demonstrate proficiency in one of the following ways: TOEFL with a score of 79 points internet-based or higher; IELTS with an overall band score of 6.5 or higher; Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English with grade B or higher; Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English with grade C or higher.
* Exempted from this regulation are only students from countries in which English is the official language or students who completed four years of secondary/ post-secondary education in which English was the language of instruction, in a country where English is the official language.
A board of examiners reviews each application for eligibility, striving to promote excellence, academic integrity, and cultural and professional diversity.
- WHS application form;
- Uni-Assist application form (for applicants with foreign educational credentials) or BTU online application form (for applicants with German educational credentials);
- Diploma of higher education entrance qualification (High School Diploma, A -Levels, Abitur, etc.): authenticated copy and, if necessary, translation (English or German);
- Bachelor's diploma and transcript of records: authenticated copy and, if necessary, translation (English or German);
- Proof of English proficiency: TOEFL with a score of 79 points internet-based or higher; IELTS with an overall band score of 6.5 or higher; Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English with grade B or higher; Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English with grade C or higher (see above for exemptions);
- Curriculum vitae;
- Two letters of recommendation (at least one should be academic);
- Letter of motivation.
Please send only certified copies of your documents. In case your documents are not in German or English, you have to provide certified English or German translations from a sworn translator.
Your application will not be processed if your documents are not certified or are incomplete. Only transcripts of records from your home university and English certificates can be sent separately. If these documents are sent separately, you must mention this in your application, otherwise your documents will be sent back as incomplete.