How to apply?
We are pleased about your interest in studying at the Brandenburg University of Technology.
- Applicants with German nationality, a German school leaving examination or transfer students within Germany have to apply directly at BTU.
- The documents of every applicant for a full-time study at BTU with international credentials have to be verified by Uni-assist e.V.
- Applicants, who want to apply for an exchange programme (ERASMUS, STUDEXA), please apply here.
3 easy steps on how to apply
(For applicants with interest in full-time study with international credentials)
- Preparation of application documents
- Transfer the processing fee to Uni-Assist
- Send your printed application to Uni-Assist
- Uni-assist e.V. checks your documents for completeness, genuineness, and if they meet the all requirements. Please see here for more information on Uni-Assist.
- Please send your application documents as early as possible to Uni-Assist. Pay attention to the application deadlines! If you can't meet the deadlines please contact us directly.
The following documents are required to apply:
- Complete application form
(Please note that English-language programmes have their own application forms. You can find the forms under downloads.
- Documents of higher education entrance qualification
(e.g. Secondary School Leaving Certificate, High school diploma, A-levels, “Abitur”, transcripts for one or two years of university studies, etc.)
For Master applications: certificate and transcripts of your Bachelor’s degree.
- Proof of language proficiency
For study programmes conducted in German: “Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang” DSH2 or equivalent Information Sheet "German language proficiency
For study programmes conducted in English: TOEFL, minimum score of 550 points (paper based), 213 points (computer based) or 79 points (internet based); equivalents: IELTS (minimum 6.5 points) or Cambridge Advanced English (minimum B); Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency Test (minimum B).
- Two (2) letters of recommendation
(only for English-speaking Master programmes)
- Copy of passport