Checklist for publishing your thesis online
- To publish your thesis you will need a written permission to print (Druckreifevermerk) which will be provided by the head of the examination board. You have to hand over a copy of this form to the University Library.
- 5 hard copies must be made available to the library (depending on the relevant regulations for doctoral candidates (Promotionsordnung) further copies may have to be submitted to your faculty)
- The publication format for your electronic thesis within the publication server OPUS is Adobe PDF
- For archival purposes you must additionally upload the electronic version in the original format (Microsoft Word, WordPerfect, OpenOffice, TeX etc.). Should the original document exist as several single documents, please pack these into a single ZIP file!
- You have to fill in and sign a “ Statutory Declaration on Submission of an Electronic Dissertation”
- The metadata describing the content description will make it easier to trace your thesis within OPUS and in internet search engines. This means that the metadata of headings, keywords and abstracts (max. 5000 characters) in English and German are especially important. Please use the upload form.
- A librarian checks your metadata and your document. We will then send you a link by email asking you to verify that all specifications are correct. Finally we will send a confirmation form to you and your faculty.
Your contact person at University Library:
Please arrange an appointment in advance!