The Faculty Council is comprised of members selected from groups of university teachers, representatives of the student body, non-professional teaching staff and technical employees.
Chairperson of the Faculty Council since 2011 is Prof. Dr.-Ing. habil. Christian Hentschel, Holder of the Chair of Media Technology.
Tasks and Authority of the Faculty Council
- elects the Dean and Vice Dean
- oversees the Dean regarding performance of his/her duties. Specifically, the Council deliberates and approves the Dean’s Report
- The department council is responsible for:
- adopting departmental statutes,
- decisions about department’s structural and developmental planning,
- decisions concerning proposed appointments,
- decisions concerning post-doctoral qualifications,
- contributing to the evaluation and coordination of the department’s academic and research endeavours