Our associates are in agreement on the following points of reference:
Our mission is:
- continuing research in fields which are both economically and socially relevant,
- to provide undergraduate and graduate training which encourages the development of competence, self-reliance and proactive reasoning,
- to encourage and support the pursuit of academic promotion among our colleagues and to provide academic support for our cooperative partners.
To this end we pursue the following goals:
- the publication of scientifically founded contributions and papers on pressing social, political entrepreneurial and technological concerns;
- underpinning the economy and society in general by generating well-educated and conscientious persons, capable of assuming responsibility both as co-workers and policy makers;
- providing innovative stimuli through the establishment of intra-disciplinary networks of associates both internally and externally;
- providing training based on differential forms of teaching and learning, whereby modern technology also comes into operation.
Our department is characterized by a culture defined through:
- high levels of commitment and ambition,
- highest quality standards with regard to research, training and (self-) management,
- fair and pleasant interaction with students, colleagues, associates and all of our partners,
- a willingness to learn and adjust which is founded in evaluation, feedback and inquisitiveness.